at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Friday 21 October 2011

The Saboteur within

Recently some women l know where talking about people who where the saboteur's of their diet. It made me think about who is my saboteur. Unfortunately the blame lays squarely on my own shoulders. I have to confess l have also been the saboteur of some other peoples diets. The main reason why my husband is losing weight at present is that l am not sabotaging his diet at night with calorie leaden dinners.

For some reason l am my own worst enemy when it comes to food. This week l am going to try and become my best friend when it comes to food choices. I also ask my best friends to help me. If you see me walking down the chocolate isle at coles please tell me to leave the aisle immediately. If you see me about to bite into a donut with my coffee, please remove it. My willpower for food is awfully, l can resist the temptation of alcohol and love to exercise so the food is the last issue l need to conquer.

Looking back I've always had someone next to me helping me when it has come to exercise and also for avoiding alcohol and giving up cigarettes. However l have never asked for help when it has come to food. Maybe it is the lack of a support net work that has stopped me with my over consumption of food. So please all you out there l ask for your support, maybe even come and do a pantry raid to ensure l am not smuggling in any chocolate. I need to reach this goal of 60 kilos by Christmas, so l know l can achieve my weight goals.

I found a diary l use to keep when l was a teenager a couple of weeks ago and even in that diary l was talking about the same food issues "why cant l stop myself from eating junk food?, why don't l care as much as the other girls about my food selections?" old habits die very hard. Sixteen years on l am still having the same internal conversations and conflicts about food. At least now l am hoping by making these conflicts external l might be able to finally reach my goals, and with a little help of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment