at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Wednesday 18 April 2012

sickness from the mind

I have been feeling awful since Sunday. Thought it was gastro, maybe a flu... Just could not work it out. Would feel dizzy and nausea, sore neck. Only felt okay if l sat up straight and did nothing. However l finally worked out this afternoon that my body was not sick, it was my mind. Since Monday the stress has begun, thinking about children going back to school and kinda. Myself going back to work and then the ace card, me beginning my three week placement the following week. My three week placement is not the stressful part, its the fact that my mother is going to be living with us for three weeks during this placement to look after the children that has me stressed, plus the thought of trying to get uni work done at night after working all day, plus find time for the family.

Been feeling very guilty lately with the lack of time l have for the children at present. Most of my day is spent either cleaning, playing taxi driver, studying or cooking. Trying to find time to play with the children is getting harder. So today the nausea and dizziness began when l sat down to start doing uni work and saw that the floors were in desperate need of a clean. The cycle then began where the more l noticed the more l would feel sick because the to do list in my mind was growing every second and l kept on thinking how am l going to get all this done when l feel so sick and then would feel more sick, etc etc, it wasnt until l left the house for school pick up and started to feel better playing with my boys in the playground that l realised that it was stress. As soon as l got home, l wrote everything down and devised a plan and now the nausea and dizziness is gone.

What this got to do with food, well it has to do with the fact that l make myself feel sick with stress because l dont have the abiltiy to realise that tension in another form, l believe l use food to help me to deal with stressful situations because l dont know any other way to deal with stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment