at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Monday 9 April 2012

I made it not one easter egg!!!

I made it, l did it, l did not have one easter egg, or even two, l had zero easter eggs!!! I did unwrap one and was about to put it in my mouth when my youngest came up and asked for chocolate. I took it as a sign and handed it over. So thanks to willpower and a two year old l did not eat any of the million easter eggs we have in our house.

I feel l have my mojo back, l did lose my way there for a while. Sometimes when you take alot on your plate you have a adjusting period, till you get use to the new routine. Unfortunately l dont deal well with these situations and rather than talk things through l eat my words instead. Any issue in my life and l will always reach for food to fix it. I finally discovering now at 32 that food doesnt fix it, and doesnt even make it feel better for a minute. I use the food to numb myself, l have caught myself eating and not even realising what l was doing, it was like my body was on autopilot and l was just sitting there watching as my hand casually picked up BBQ shape after BBQ shape until the whole packet had gone. I hadn't even registered that l had eaten one, yet l had eaten a whole box.

My children's diet has suffered as well. I made the excuse that l would buy a few treats for the children to keep them entertained while l did some uni work. That in itself l should be ashamed off, using tim tams and packets of chips as rewards. However l found l was the eating most of the stash. My children dont need donuts, chocolate, chips, lollies etc etc... They need a healthy diet to help them to grow big and strong. The alarm went off the other day when l offered my son a packet of chips and he said "no mum, my tummy has been really sore the last two days l think l need an apple". When your four year old tells you that you feel awful. It's bad enough neglecting my own body, but neglecting my own children's body is another thing. I know l may be harsh on myself, yes kids do eat junk food, and yes l do let my children eat that food. But after a week of eating crap they didnt feel like themselves. I was still making them there normally breakfast, lunch and dinner but all the snacking in between on the bad stuff had made them and me feel sick.

So l am looking forward to returning to some healthy normality. Next time when l am having to adjust to something new, l wont sacrifice mine or my families health. Instead l will have to be big girl and talk about it, l have a family But l now know its better to ask for help and swim than not ask at all and sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment