at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Tuesday 10 April 2012

2 Down 6 more to go

I have lost 2 kilos now, just 6 more to go to be back to where l was in August. It amazes me how different my body reacts at different stages. It is always easy for me to drop the weight till l hit around the 70kg mark and then it gets tough to shift the weight. I havent had to make any drastic changes to loss these two kilos in one week, all l had to do was stop eating the junk and it just drops off. However once l hit 70kgs thats when l have to start upping the ante. Maybe this time it will be different? Who knows but l doubt it very much..

I am very excited about doing a good work out this morning. I have a crazy schedule and whenever there is a day when l dont have any obligations l like to take advantage of it. Today l am going to spend the morning on a killer work out. I want to push my body this morning to see if it still works. When l slack off on my diet, l also slack off on my workouts. I am hoping what l have been doing has maintained my fitness. So just like l jump on the scales every day to check my weight, today l am going to push my body to check my fitness.

I highly recommend you to try and keep a record of your fitness. It is a hard thing to monitor unless you have a scientific approach. I like to use the following test for my fitness:
- timed sprint (pick a distance between 50m - 100m)
- timed 2kms jog/run
- standing jump, you jump up as high as you can next to a wall with a piece of chalk in you hand mark the highest point you can reach and then measure
- plank hold (how long you can hold a plank for)
- push up in a minute

These are all test that you dont need fancy equipment for and you can jot these down and keep them safe, and refer back to them. The jumping test, is about testing leg strength, sprints is about testing leg strength as well as cardio fitness, jog is about testing heart/ lung fitness, plank is about core strength, push ups is upper body strength.

I keep these results on a excel spreadsheet along with my measurements. It's been very sad and frustrating to see my measurements going back up. However it is added incentive to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment