at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Sunday 18 September 2011

Stay thin for ?

I was watching an ad for a biography called 'stay thin for him'. It's about a bunch of women who lose weight because of their faith in Jesus Christ. I laughed out loud at this. But then thought about it, dont we all want to be or stay thin for something? If we don't have that motivation to get or stay thin it wont happen.

So what motivates you?

Me, well..... ummm .... There are many reasons why l want to lose weight and stay in my healthy weight range.
1. Health reasons, results show that being an active person who is in their healthy weight range have better lifestyle outcomes as you age.
2. Good role model. Can't preach to your children to eat healthy if you are not doing the same
3. Fashion. I love fashion and shopping, when l was bigger it just wasn't as much fun. Now getting closer to my goal shopping has become fun for me until l realise how much money l am spending (that is another issue).
4. Thoughtfulness. I do not like how disconnected we are for nature. By growing my own food and sourcing local produce l feel more connected to nature and it helps my weight at the same time.
5. Feeling. It feels so much better in this body, it's just so much easier. I use to always feel drained before and everything became harder and harder as the day progressed. Now l feel full of energy, mainly because my body isn't having to lug around an extra 50kgs, l don't want to go back to feeling exhausted and ill.

So these are the reasons why l forced myself to walk past the big bin of tim tams coles had out the front with the sign 2 for $4 and resist buying them. Oh how hard that was, tim tams and they where a bargain. I've also been unwell this week. Still feel sick at this present moment. I am counting down the minutes till this blasted flu of mine will be gone and leave this house. Fingers crossed l will be better by Tuesday so l can go and enjoy my favourite double of the week, Body Step and Zumuba. I am sure l have put on weight this week because all l have done is sleep and eat. I am not being hard on myself because the food l ate was nourishing for my body and the sleeping is what my body needed to repair. I am just counting down now till l feel better so l can get exercising again. I miss not being able to have a workout.

1 comment:

  1. Stay thin for YOU. Doing anything for any other reason other than it's what you want to do and is in your rational self-interest to do is silly and you are more likely to "backslide" when that reason is removed or lost.

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete