at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Junk=Money

Okay before l can tell you about the cost l need to explain my budget. I do a very detailed budget where every transaction is accounted for and placed into a category. I do this on an excel spreadsheet and l can filter my categories with one click to see how much l am spending in one area. One of these categories is take away meals. Well l have been slack this month and l was catching up putting in my transactions for the last three weeks. Now on a side note in the last three weeks l have gained three kilos. In the last three weeks l have been to Mc Donalds a total of five times at a cost of $92.15. Yes three kilos and nearly $100 and for what??

If l hadn't of gone to McDonalds my food out lay for the children and me at home would of be $10.00. Even if l added on banana's to our lunches it still would of been under $20 and healthier to say the least. Not only that l am back at 69.4kgs. This is why l do this blog, if l didnt right now l would go "WTF l have already gained back three kilos, l am destined to be fat, may as well give up now and eat the food and drink the wine l love so much, doesn't that make me happy, not having to worry about what passes my mouth?"

Yes it does make me happy not having to worry about everything that passes my mouth. But l also know  the health implications. Just like when l use to be a smoker, it was hard giving up the smokes, l loved them, l loved sitting down and having my cigarette with my coffee and having a few drinks with the girls and having a cigarette. I loved not having to worry about my weight or exercising because l lived on liquids and cigarettes. However l knew that this was not healthy and as soon as l was in a serious relationship l knew it would be unfair on my husband to have to look after me later in life because l choose that lifestyle.

That is apart of growing up. Realising that their is consequences for your own actions. I know that if l eat healthy clean foods 85% of the time and exercise regularly l can live a long and healthy life. I don't want to end up with a body that fails me because l didnt want to take responsibility now on what l feed my body.  I have no one to blame except myself for my weight back. And l only have myself to pat on the back for picking myself back up, dusty the mc donalds crumbs off and getting back on the weight loss band wagon. I hope this inspire at least one other person to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment