at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Old habits die hard

Old habits die very hard slow deaths. Just when l think l am on the straight and narrow one jar of nutella in the pantry throw everything into chaos. My middle child saw the nutella first (l didn't purchase the nutella it came in a show bag) and begged for pancakes with nutella, which l obliged. However l have now eaten half a jar of nutella and feel very very ill.

Why oh why do l do it. It doesn't even make me feel good it just makes me feel like l have a really bad hangover, you know that seedy heavy feeling in the pit of your stomach. This feeling makes me want to have a fizzy drink, which just ads to the cycle of sugar hit and then the dive down very low.

Today at the gym l could feel my belly wobbling up very high, which it hasn't done for weeks. All my hard work gets undone very quickly with just slipping back into old habits. Tomorrow is a new day one where l want to feel good again. I hate feeling sick and my body is now at the point where it is not forgiving with my bad food choices. Gone our my teens and twenties that l could punish my body and it would forgive me easily. Now it is paying me back for all those times. Thank god my exercise habit hasn't faltered otherwise l would be in very big trouble. The only reason why it hasn't is because of Gym Creche. I love having an hour or two to be me. No child saying "Mum, can l please have water", "Mum, im hungry", "Mum,Mum, MUM!!".  So if it wasnt for gym l wouldn't be a very happy mum. That hour of no "MUM" keeps me charged all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment