at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Wednesday 8 January 2014

2014 and l am still on the same Merry Go Round

Well last year was a full on year for me. I completed my University degree and l have begun working as a Casual Relief Teacher. During this crazy year l let go completely of my eating and my exercise. So l now begin 2014 at 88 kilos.  I now have to begin the long journey of getting back to where l was, maybe even better than where l was.

I am an emotional eater. I love food and the escapism eating gives me. I am currently trying to find a reputable weight hypnotherapist in the area, but struggling to filter the good from the rubbish. I am hoping hypnotherapy might be able to provide some insight into my emotional eating.

I am also a gym member again. I have always loved the gym and have missed not having time for exercise.   It is frustrating at present that l can not go to the gym due to school holidays, but l am trying to do as many physical activities possible with the children. Walking to the shops, go for bikes rides, using the slip n slide or playing just dance.

I have been wearing my Body Bugg again and the one thing l am noticing is how much alcohol effects me. Every time l drink (even just one glass of wine) my sleep efficiency decreases. Generally my sleep efficiency is around 94% when l drink alcohol it has dropped to as low as 70%. So l am going to work on reducing my alcohol consumption. At present l am trying to do four weeks with three alcohol free nights, and then slowly work up to my goal of just one night with alcohol. The thing l love about the body bugg is that is allows you to see what your body does. Each person is different, l am sure many people could drink 1-2 glasses of wine and find that their sleep is fine. However for me it just doesn't work.

I have also started up with My Fitnesspal again. It is a easy enough app that gives you results.

I am looking forward to 2014 and all  that it can bring. I am looking forward to starting new routines and healthy habits that l can continue so l do not constantly have to go on this Merry Go Round of weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment