at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Body

I noticed last night that my body was starting to ache during my sleep and suddenly remembered this use to occur before l lost weight, and 10 kilo's later the aches are starting to slowly come back. If that is not a push enough to make me start to shift the weight nothing is. When l was larger l never noticed the aches or pains, the lack of energy, the slightly oil skin and hair which also led to pimples and migraines plus l am sure there is more but l can't recall them at this present moment . All these symptoms l never realized were weight related until l lost weight and they disappeared. Finally l put two and two together and realized how much my body was suffering due to my weight.

Yesterday l started off the day well, and nearly ended it well until l thought l would try one piece of the children's new cereal 'Krave'. Well they don't call it 'Krave' because it sounds good, suddenly l found myself scooping large handful after large handful each time l walked past the pantry door. All my good efforts all unraveled within a 30 minute blind splurge on cereal. Today l am practicing the art of self restraint, try to be totally focused whenever l eat. The biggest issue for me is deliberating distracting myself while l eat so l don't acknowledge what l am doing. Just because l don't mentally acknowledge doesn't mean, unfortunately, my physical body follows suit.

So today is about mindfulness  try to be aware and present when l eat and acknowledge what l am doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment