at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Friday 11 January 2013

Blast from the past

Got an unusual message today from a person l use to know 14 year ago. The message was unusual because it reminded me of what my body use to be like 14 years ago. I remember how l never really had to worry about what l wore. Unlike now worrying about, finding garments to hide a tummy, disguise wide hips and control breasts. Bathers shopping is a nightmare, trying to find garments that can construct and sculpt, compared to the bathers l use to wear, which l don't even think you could call bathers, just a couple pieces of Lycra positioned to stop me from being charged with indecent exposure.

It sparked in me a longing which l haven't felt for a long time. To lose weight takes dedication and you need to be motivated to want to change. At present l find it hard to motivate myself, but that memory of how life was much easier, comfortable and confident has sparked a new passion in me. So my aim's have been set high, Too lose this weight again by summer next year, get my dream job, then l can afford to get my tummy tuck and to finally be back into a two piece bathing suit next summer. I know l will never wear such a skimpy suit ever again, and nor do l want to. Albeit l want to wear a suit that l don't have to worry about my body. To feel that confidence l use to instill, that would make a man remember me 14 years later. I know my husband feels that way about me, but it doesn't matter how other people think or feel about you, it's about how you feel about yourself.

For some women it is a dress or an event that sparks the motivation for me it is pure confidence in  my own skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment