at my biggest

at my biggest
christmas 2005

Saturday 23 June 2012

Winter mojo

As the days get colder it becomes harder to stay motivated. When all you are wanting to do is snuggle up on the couch and eat some hot soup. So l have been forcing myself to keep the exercise up, but changing it a bit. I've been having fun getting onto you tube trying to find new and different work outs every day to keep me motivated. My favourite one so far is the ballroom dancing work out. This mixed with trying to finds other ways to incorporate fitness into my day while it is raining outside is becoming fun. My favourites so far is the cleaning Olympics. Me and the kids have been challenging one another to see who can clean up a certain room first, we put music on and go for it. It's amazing what a bit of competition does to get the boys and me cleaning. The other challenge l've given to myself and the boys is to pick a different fruit and vegetable each week from the green grocery we have never had before. This weeks selected items were a coconut, parsnip, kiwi fruit, okra and grapefruit. Fresh coconut is very different from dried. However it was nice to see one of my children really taking this experiment on putting all new and exciting items on his pizza this Friday night. He didn't eat them all but he at least tried them and that is all l can ask for.

Which comes back to me, l at least am trying to find new ways to do exercise during winter that don't cost money and take up to much time Not everything l do is a success, not everything l cook tastes great, not every work out l do l love. However l still keep on trying. Everyone can always come up with excuses to not do anything but if you give it a go you might enjoy what you get at the end. So why not try a different fruit or vegetable and try a different work out on you tube. You never know what you will find when you start looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment